1. What drew you to this profession?
2. How long have you been an ocularist and what process did you go through to become one?
3. How has technology changed the way you work?
4. What are the prosthetic conformers and shells made out of?
5. Do you hand paint each shell or is there another method you utilize?
6. What is your favorite part of your job?
7. What is the most challenging part of your job?
8. How does working with kids differ from working with adults? And who is easier to work with?
9. With babies, how young do you recommend starting the process (in general, we know it will vary case to case)?
10. At what age do you begin to teach young children to care for their prosthetic on their own (with the assistance of parents)?
11. Are there any upcoming changes within the field that you are excited about?
12. What is the best advice you can give to parents regarding their child who has a prosthetic?
13. For fun, what is your favorite way to unwind after a long day?